Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Quick access to common in-room functions.
The Launchbar is the gray bar that sits between the area with the room's posts and the user panel, and is used for many common functions such as launching Who's On. In No Frames mode, it sits below the area where you make your posts.
You can edit the Launchbar , adding or deleting items as you need them. Go to http://im-chat.com/users/bar/, or click on "Edit Launchbar" in the /USERS section of the site. Note that when you put something into the Launchbar, it won't always show up in all modes.
Here's a rundown of all the functions currently available from the Launchbar:
- Scroll Back | Scroll | Scroll Fast | Stop Scrolling: Controls the scrolling behavior of the main window in Streaming mode. The (no click) versions of these controls do not require that you click on the links to work; you can simply wave the mouse over them.
- Who's On | Who's On (Sitewide) | Who's On (Sitewide, In Rooms): Opens the Who's On window in the desired mode. You can always switch between these three modes for Who's On when the window is open, but this allows you to choose which version of the window you want to open by default.
- RP Log: Opens the Who's On window in logging mode.
- Jump: Opens the room-jump menu.
- Bookmark This Link: Allows you to bookmark entry into a given room. This function is no longer really needed since it's now possible to bookmark directly into a room no matter what, but it's being maintained for the sake of backwards compatibility.
- Logout: Log out from the site completely.
- Room Doorway: Go back to the doorway for the current room.
- Home: Go back to the top of the site (although remain logged in).
- Site BBS: Opens the sitewide message board. The (Separate Window) version of this link will open themessage board in another browser.
- Room BBS: Opens the message board for this particular room. The (Separate Window) version of this link will open the message board in another browser.
- To Streaming | Detached Streaming | No Frames | Frames: Switches you automatically to the selected room mode. Note that if you are already in that mode, the link in question will not appear (i.e., if you add "To Streaming" to your Launchbar and you're in Streaming, you won't see it).
- Users Section: Jumps to the Users section of the site.
- Gummi Control: Jumps to the subsection of the Users section that lets you toggle or edit your room-gummi properties.
- Handle Editor: Jumps to the subsection of the Users section that lets you control your handles.
- Image Uploader: Jumps to the subsection of the Users section that lets you upload images for use with your account. The (from handle) version of this link will let you immediately upload images that are grouped with the currently-selected handle. The (thumbnail mode) version of this link lets you go directly to the Thumbnail View version of the Image Uploader (recommended).
- Image Strip: Lets you open and close a strip right above the Launchbar where you can see all the images (uploaded through the Image Uploader) grouped to a particular handle. Click on a particular image to assign that image to the handle. The (from handle) version of this link (recommended) lets you open an Image Strip for the currently-selected handle. The "[X]" next to the Image Strip link will close the Image Strip when you don't need it. [There is a visual demonstrationof this feature available. You'll need the Flash plugin to view it.]
- Character Sheet Editor: Opens the Character Sheet Editor function found in the Users section.
- Notepad: Opens the Notepad function found in the Users section.
- Hosts Panel: Jumps to the Host Panel for the current room. Note that if you are not a host, this will not show up.
- Character List: Opens the Character List function found in the Users section, which lets you create lists of characters for the room you're in (or any other room).
- Reopen Detached Panel: If you like to use the detached Send panel found in Detached Streaming in other room modes, you can add this link to the Launchbar. The link shows up as an "[O]". When clicked, it opens a version of the detached Send panel which functions alongside the main Send panel. You can use this to post from, say, an IC handle and an OOC handle at the same time.
- Private Message: Click this to set the Post panel in "Private Message" mode, rather than clicking on someone's gummi to open a separate window.
- Handle List: Opens the the Handle List function in the Users section, which lets you set custom lists of handles for each room. The currently-selected room will be the default for editing when you do this.